Autism Awareness Book Fairs
Sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers and the Alaska Autism Resource Center (AARC)
Please join the Alaska Autism Resource Center as we present two bookfairs this spring.
We are looking for presenters and performers for the Fairbanks Book Fair, and for the children's stage at the Anchorage Book Fair, at this time. Please contact Anne Freitag at 907-334-1301, or by email at email@example.com, if you are interested.
Barnes & Noble in Anchorage on Saturday, March 28th, from 11 am to 6 pm.
Join us for a day of great entertainment and fun activities at the Anchorage Barnes & Noble. When you buy something (a book, a cup of coffee, a movie), mention that you support the book fair. Barnes & Noble will donate a percentage of your purchase to the AARC. All funds raised will be used to buy books on autism for libraries around Alaska.
Can’t make it to the store? You can also shop online from March 28 to April 4, using Bookfair ID number 11433612.
If you can make it in, here’s the great things we have for you. Scheduled to appear:
- UltraLucious: a blues & rock duo, Katie & Cam Nance. Read more.
- Country Memories Band, with Kagey on the sax: playing oldies but goodies, nice music from the past
- Local vocalist Jennie Morris and pianist Betsy Hunt enjoy volunteering and performing at nursing homes, shelters and hospitals. "Our music comes from our heart and we hope that you feel the joy from our music as well."
- Rant 'n Raven Morris Dancers, with singer Dawn Berg
- Grover Neely: singer-songwriter
- Anchorage Jazz Collective
- Mary Anne Green: folk music
- Heidi Kelly, informational talk
All day long we will have face painting and temporary tattoos, crafty activities, and information table and more!
You can also shop online from March 28 to April 4, using Bookfair ID number 11433612.
Barnes & Noble in Fairbanks, Saturday, April 11th, from 11 am to 6 pm.
You can also shop online from April 11 to 16, using Bookfair ID number 11530169.